Chevron sign! It’s no secret that people collect all kinds of things from spoons to salt and pepper shakers to miniature figurines. Vintage signs are no exception, especially when it comes to men who collect items. If you or the man in your life collects vintage signs, then you may want to learn how to create this Chevron sign.
You don’t need any special skills or tools to surprise the love of your life with this Chevron sign that you made.
Here is how you do it:
• Purchase a large piece of wood or if you have one in your garage feel free to use that.
• Sand the front of the wood until smooth, but don’t make it too smooth because you want it to look old.
• Using painter’s tape, tape off the zigzag rows as shown in the photograph in this article.
• Paint the zigzag rows in a white then red then the white pattern, repeating this until all rows have been painted.
• While the paint is wet, gently dip a dry paintbrush into water and then gently glide across the paint. This will give the paint it a weathered look.
• Once the paint dries thoroughly, carefully remove the painters tape.
• Using a paintbrush, paint the word “love” on the right side of the sign with black paint.