DIY::Salvaged Drawer To Gorgeous Storage FOR MY BEDROOM PILLOWS OR KIDS SHOES GREAT IDEA…can do for purse too…
Do you have an old dresser that you never use anymore or perhaps you have a dresser that broke, but you simply can’t bring yourself to throw away the drawers. I mean, why would you if the drawers are still good? Why not turn them into this gorgeous storage option for your pillows, blankets, shoes and even children’s toys?
Here’s how you do it:
- Remove the drawer knobs on the dresser drawer by unscrewing the screw in the back that secures the drawer knobs to the dresser drawer.
- Gently sand dresser drawer by hand using fine grit sandpaper.
- Apply whitewash (according to the manufacturer’s directions) to the front, back, and both sides of the dresser drawer. Allow the whitewash to dry thoroughly before continuing to the next step.
- Attach new (but vintage looking) drawer knobs to the dresser drawer using a screwdriver and the screw that was provided when you purchased your drawer knobs.
- In between the drawer knobs, place a wall sticker with the wording of your choice. You can purchase wall stickers at your dollar store, department store or home improvement center.
- Decide where to place your new storage container and fill with items of your choosing.