Home Remedy for sore throat, hacking cough, tight congestion… Using this in the winter instead of all those mucus relief drugs and decongestants that don’t do a thing.
Tired of having bouts of congestion and cough during the winter? Here is a home remedy that is sure to open the sinus passages and sooth a sore throat from fits of coughing. It might seem a bit harsh when you first try it, but it really does work. Here’s how you make it:
What you need:
3 fresh lemons
1-tbsp Tobasco sauce
1) Cut the lemons in half and squeeze the juice out and reserve.
2) Add 2-cups of water to the lemon juice.
3) Add 1-cup of honey.
4) Add 1-tbsp of Tobasco sauce.
5) Mix all ingredients well and pour into a small saucepan. Simmer over low heat for about 20 minutes. It will thicken up. Pour it into a container and let it cool.
6) Take 2-tbsp every 2-3 hours until symptoms subside.
The vitamin c from the lemon juice will help boost the immune system. The heat from the Tobasco sauce will break fevers and loosen congestion. The honey will sooth the throat. It’s a great remedy that is free of medicines that might make you drowsy and it really works!