Merricks Art: Refashion – How often do you wear plain T-shirts? Are you looking for a way to dress up a T-shirt without spending a fortune or needing a lot of sewing skills? Why not create this cute contrast shirt in afternoon? You can wear this shirt on date night, to the grocery store or anywhere you want to feel just a little bit dressy. It matches well with a pair of jeans!
Here’s how you do:
- You will need two shirts, matching grant, a seam ripper, and a sewing machine.
- Using your seam ripper removable sleeves from both shirts and set them aside.
- Place a T-shirt (that you are creating) with the right sides are together and then pin the sleeve to the shirt and sew around each armhole with a straight stitch. And don’t forget to remove the pins as you go.
- Zigzagging around the seam of the sleeves (turning the shirt inside out) and repeat each side.
- Turn the shirt right side again and you are done!
If you want more DIY refashion clothing tutorials make sure to follow us on Pinterest! We are constantly updating our article database ensuring you can find exactly what you need.