Cleaning your dryer vent is extremely important to prevent fires. Honestly, how many times have you cleaned your dryer vent? Did you know that dirty dryer vents prevent your clothes dryer from working properly as well as they make it take longer to dry your clothes? We show you exactly how to clean your dryer vent.
1) The first thing you need to do is to unplug your dryer.
2) Pull your dryer away from the wall.
3) Loosen in the vent clamp on the back of the dryer with a screwdriver or nut driver.
4) Slide the vent off of the dryer.
5) Carefully reach inside the hole on the back of your dryer, and pull out any lint or build up that may be in there.
6) Use a shop vac or vacuum cleaner hose and vacuum out the hole on the back of the dryer.
7) Now reach inside the vent tube that you removed, and remove any lint from inside there and vacuum.
8) Once you are satisfied, slide the clamp back over the vent and reattach the vent tightening the clamp to the back of the dryer.
9) Push your dryer back against the wall and plug it in.
10) Repeat yearly.